Wednesday, August 24, 2016

We Visited A Zoo

 Last week we took a day trip up north for our last big hurrah of the summer before Dancer started school this week.  Truth be told it was one of our only hurrahs of the summer, seems no one has the same days available anymore. We went to a zoo/wildlife/petting zoo place.


Dancer and I posed sweetly on the bear's lap for a picture.  


And then realized, what are we doing, we're sitting on a bear's lap!


Dancer ain't afraid of no bear!


Dad is so hard core he flossed the bear's teeth. 


My picture with Spark.  I guess this is all you get with a 15 year old.



 I did get a picture of both the kids and Paul Bunyan.


On to the petting zoo.  This camel knows where the treats come from and he wanted Dancer to feed him.



Dancer with Mother Goose


The parakeet house was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.  It is a large, screened building with about 75 parakeets in it. All the birds fly from one side of the building to the other in a big swoop.  If you stood with your arms out a bunch of them would land on arm.


They also loved my shoes for some reason.  I don't have any food on them so not sure what the attraction was.  I had to shake them off to get them to leave because they were starting to creep me out.


Not sure why there was a table in there, but as soon as Spark sat down the table filled up with birds.


The cutest thing we saw there was a mom kangaroo giving her little joey a bath in her pouch.

We finished the day off with a Chinese buffet and now we are back to the grind.

No comments: