Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hello Kitty iPod Case


When one of Dancer's friends saw her iPod case Betty she wanted a crocheted case too.  Since Dancer made Betty she got protector cover for the back of her iPod and it doesn't fit in Betty.  That pattern wasn't going to work so we wrote a new one.


I just can't write out a crochet pattern with the steps I have to draw it out like a doily pattern because I can't keep it straight in my head.  This one looks like a hairy caterpillar but it did turn into a case that fits with a cover.  After I do the drawing I can write the steps.

Rd 1 - Chain 10
sc in 2nd ch from hook
sc in next 8 chains
3 sc in next chain
sc in next 8 chains
3 s in chain
Rd 2 - sc in next 9 stitches
2 sc in next stitch
sc in next 10 stitches
2 sc in next st
Rd 3 - Rd ? - sc in each stitch until it is as tall as your Ipod.

Bow:  ch 9, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc across to the end, ch 1, turn, sc across to the end.  Do this 8 times.  Finish off and fold like a paper fan.  With a piece of yarn wrap several times around the middle, knot and weave in ends. 

Face:  The face is just embroidered on as shown.

No comments: