Sunday, December 12, 2010

Quit reading that blog

I struggle with motivating the kids.  They seem to think that I am some unreasonable task master and I think we could be getting a lot more accomplished during the day.  Our days really are quite relaxed, the problem is that they have only lived this kind of life so they don't know what the rest of the world is doing.  Well, they do know what some of their friends have to do but I think they truly believe those friends are the exception to the rest of the world. 

Tonight I was reading a blog where the mother, who was trying to motivate her kids because some days they aren't finishing school until 3:00 p.m., made a rule that if school wasn't done by 1:00 p.m. the kids lost their privileges like TV or computer for the rest of the day.  I read this out loud to Dancer and asked what she thought of that.  Like lightening she responded, "I think you should stop reading that woman's blog!"

To explain just how horrible this could be, I should mention that there are days that we have just gotten started on school at 1:00 p.m.  It also isn't unusual for us to being doing school at 9:00 p.m. either depending on how the mood strikes us for the day.

No comments: