Saturday, July 25, 2009

Banana cake or bread


I have sold a ton of this recipe at the farmers' market and people come back for it week after week. It is bread in a bread pan or cake in a 8X8 pan.


Banana cake or bread


1 cup sugar

1/3 cup butter

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (3 to 4)

1/3 cup water

1 2/3 cups flour - I use whole wheat

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup chopped nuts - I think pecans are best in this recipe

a handful of chocolate chips


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter bottom of pan. Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and mix. Add and mix in water, and bananas. Stir in rest of ingredients. Bake until wooden pick comes out clean. About 55 minutes for a bread and 35 for a cake.

1 comment:

Keeper of the Home said...

Oh I bet this would be a tasty cake! I'm going to have to print this recipe out and try it.

~Mrs. M