Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mowing down the grass

Dancer comes up to me the other day and in her most exasperated, I am over worked and under paid voice says, "Well, I guess I better mow the lawn." "You know," I said "both the riders are not working and you would have to use the push mower." "Forget that then" she retorts and walks off. She truly loves to mow lawn. She gets out there and sings at the top of her lungs while zooming around as fast as the lawn mower will go. It is a real hoot to watch her. But now, sadly, our riding mowers aren't starting this spring so were are at a fork in the road. Fix one of them, again. Or bite the bullet and buy a new one. Or I can get some good exercise and push mow it. I started this morning with a spring in my step and managed get done the area up by the mail box and around one garage. I think if I mowed about 45 minutes to an hour every day I could have the whole lawn mowed in a week. That option would definitely be the best for my waist line, but it is only May 7th. We will see how smart I am talking by July!

No comments: