Sunday, February 1, 2009

I was taken by surprise

by how quickly the dinner hour snuck up on us. I am use to it getting dark before 5 p.m. and tonight it was 5:20 and still light out. I knew it has been getting later and later each evening but didn't realize how far we had come in having longer afternoons. Dancer came up with a game to play and when I looked up at the clock to see how much time we would have to play before needing to start dinner it was already 5:20. Dad worked tonight and we have dinner on the table when he works at 5:45 which gives him just enough time to get up, get dressed and eat before needing to run out the door. I always have prebrowned hamburger in the freezer so Dancer and I were able to throw a dinner of cheeseburger salads together quite quickly. In the fall I am always surprised at how early it gets dark so this is just the flip side.

No comments: